Job Type: Full-time
Accountable for acting as the primary interface between customer, Alpert & Alpert Iron & Metal, Inc. yards and transportation operations to ensure transportation shipments are loaded and delivered within customer required delivery parameters.
REPRESENTATIVE PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Utilize various transportation provider and internal software systems, to facilitate material movement planning and scheduling.
- Prepares and updates monthly logistics, schedule to assure deliveries to production locations. Coordinate / communicates product delivery schedules with customers.
- Coordinate daily activity to track location and movement of inventory finished goods and raw materials via rail cars, barges, and trucks. Provide reports to internal and external customers as required.
- Assist in obtaining necessary transportation permits for inbound and outbound shipments, as required to facilitate timely movements via rail, barge or other mode of transportation.
- Works closely with providers to assure efficient and effective execution of defined processes and goods transportation;
- Organizes and maintains hard copy and electronic documentation supporting order fulfillment, distribution means, pricing, and contractual obligations,
- Codes, and prepares proper paperwork for billing and authorization of a variety of invoices per defined processes,
- Re-routes freight as needed to meet demands and minimize costs
- Initiates shrink threshold and loss claims with warehouse providers and tracking reconciliation of the same per contract standards,
- Ensures accuracy of physical inventory order sequence by entering inter-company purchase orders and inter-company transfers into the system following defined processes,
- Verifies accuracy of physical inventory when needed,
- Answers questions regarding sourcing from internal and external customers as needed,
- Coordinate with operating department to manage inventory levels at multiple yard locations
- Ensure compliance with all state, federal, environmental, safety, and hazardous waste regulations.
- Communicate with customers on any loads in jeopardy of being late for delivery.
- Central point of contact for customer on day-to-day status reports, primarily focused around on time delivery.
- Escalation of day-to-day carrier issues for regional transportation operations.
- Verifies inventory locations and availability for shipment against requirements specified in purchase orders;
- Reviews inventory position daily and weekly against outstanding orders and sales forecasts and takes action to expedite inbound shipments
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- 3 plus years’ experience in customer service support
- Transportation and warehouse experience preferred
- High school diploma required
- MS Office skills and experience required (Word/Excel)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team-oriented approach to problem resolution and ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish preferred)
- Excellent phone, written and oral communication skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions and effectively prepare and present information to internal and external customers
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Steamship booking: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)